Hudson Hirsel has set up a Trust Fund which benefits the community of Coldstream to the value of £200,000
The key purpose of the trust fund is to benefit Coldstream and its local community by supporting recreational activities such as participation in sport, promotion of the arts, culture, heritage, education, environmental improvements and initiatives that can be considered charitable or have community benefit.
The Fund is being administered on behalf of Hudson Hirsel by the Coldstream Community Trust which is a regulated charity. Initially grants up to £3,000 are being considered and applications will be invited twice a year.
The aims of the Fund are to provide grant funding for community-oriented organisations, and in some cases individuals, in the area of Coldstream; the specific area being that of the remit covered by the Coldstream and District Community Council. However, organisations/individuals outside the boundary may still be successful in claiming grants if it can be proved that the grant will improve the Coldstream community. It is planned that grant funding will benefit as wide a range of people in the community as possible. Within the wider spirit of the fund there are specific aims where grant applications will be encouraged; these are listed in ‘grant procedures’.
Any questions, please contact the
Coldstream Community Centre 01890 883332
Hudson Hirsel Trust Grants Procedure
Hudson Hirsel Trust Grant Application
In November 2018 a total of £3,420 was awarded to the following:
- Coldstream Pipe Band to purchase new uniforms and equipment to replace worn out ones
- Coldstream Social & Literary Society to purchase a projector compatible with modern technology
In May 2018 a total of £4,336 was awarded to the following:
- Coldstream Riders’ Association to support the rideout in Civic Week Health & Safety – radio and buggy hire, first aid cover
- Royal British Legion Social Club to refurbish entrance hall after renovation of clubroom
- Honour Our Troops to install a 2nd poppy bench and buy gardening tools and a mock CCTV to deter vandalism
- Coldstream Twinning Assoc to hire a ceilidh band for a Hogmanay event with Twin Town Bennecourt
- Coldstream Community Council to host a Civic Reception on the anniversary of the Coldstream Guards receiving the Freedom of Coldstream
In November 2017 a total of £4,500 was awarded to the following:
- Connect Berwickshire Youth Project for weekly after school service for Coldstream teenagers
- Coldstream Gateway Association for hanging baskets for Floral Gateway Competition
In June 2017 a total of £5,500 was awarded to the following:
- Coldstream Bowling Club for Junior bowls sets for primary school children and new umpire kit
- Borders Buzz To promote inclusion and opportunities for people with learning disabilities
- Coldstream Men’s Shed to adapt premises and provide equipment.
In November 2016 Awards were made to the following:
- Coldstream in Bloom (Gateway Association) for street furniture and repair of the flower boat
- Coldstream Junior Football Club for new playing kit
- Honour our Troops to purchase lighting and a memorial bench for the Memorial Gardens
- Royal British Legion Social Club as part of the project to stabilise gable wall of the RBL Club
- Friday Handicrafts Group to purchase the necessary materials for tapestry to be sited in Leet Room, Community Centre
The first round of awards were presented in June 2016 by Hudson Hirsel Managing Partner, Jamie Hudson.
- Coldstream Football Club
- Coldstream Twinning Association
- Coldstream Outdoor Play Project
- Coldstream Historical Society
- Coldstream Toddlers and Playgroup
Coldstream Football Club Coldstream Twinning Assoc Coldstream Outdoor Play Project
Coldstream Historical Society Coldstream Playgroup and Toddlers